Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 10, 2011

"Good afternoon, Mr. Rabinowitz. Although I'm not so sure how good it is." (A Cathartic Post)

Cool Points if you understood the title above without Google.

Well, I'm writing you all from chez Sebastian (Sebastian's crib), my American friend who lives across La Saone from me.  He was polite enough to take me in this morning, after I was impolite enough to incessantly ring his doorbell until I roused him from his slumbers.

Let's take it from the top:  I woke up this morning at 10, to prepare myself for a lunch at the aforementioned doctor's house (the man who I tutor), before we were to head off for a round of golf.  I went downstairs to take the glass recycling out, which one places in a massive container that is on the corner of many streets.  The sun was shining and the quai de la Saone was bustling with an art fair.  My first French golf experience was a mere couple of hours away.  The day had some serious potential.

I re-entered, unlocked the outer door to enter the stairway leading up to the apartments, and dropped my keys, which slid ever so casually, indifferently really, into a sewer.  They now lie about three meters below, faintly visible in the dark underground, teasing me.  I tried to remove the sewer, but there was to be no child-in-danger Herculean strength (if a racquetball match was in question, I would have easily succeeded).    

With no roommates nor the landlady in the building, I had little choice but to make the pyjamaed, Adidas-sandaled trek across the river, where I could at least send an e-mail to the doctor.  The fashion-obsessed Lyonnais undoubtedly judged me for my garb.

On the bright side, I churned out a blog post [granted, it's about n'importe quoi (direct translation:  "no matter what," but in this case, "rubbish")] and relearned the French word for "sewer" (it's l'égout) as I had to write the doctor explaining my pickle.

Fortunately, we should be able to play golf next weekend.

Hope to soon recount tales of my travels in the French Riviera with my parents, or at least post pictures.

As for future travels, in two weeks, Sebastian and I are embarking on a ten-day trip to Bratislava, Budapest, and the Spanish island of Mallorca.  Giddyup.

No comments:

Post a Comment