Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Greetings from Lisbon


Hey all,

In the spirit of blogging comraderie, as my travel mate be bloggin' (and I hope you be bloggin' too), I'm going to go with shorter, more frequent posts on this European voyage.  We departed today, bright and early, from Lyon.  I got the recommended one and a half hours of sleep this morning, until my 5:45 a.m. alarm aggressively summoned me from my teasing slumbers.  Three eggs apiece later, Scott and I were on our way to Lyon's airport.  Rejecting my 24 years of experience with sleep, I exclaimed that I was in form, and that this would most likely continue throughout the day.  Scott, the realist, said that he was exhausted.  

We both crashed hard on the one and a half hour flight, and we rolled in to some fine, palm tree- accompanied Lisboan weather.  The sun was shining, and it had to be about 55 degrees, which is feeling pretty warm these days.  On the bus ride from the airport, the palm trees that were flanking the artsy city murals painted on the sides of buildings (all four or five stories worth, by the way) reminded me of a glorious, irresponsible Spring Break destination by the name of Panama City, and I was in my happy place.  

This month of March, 2011, bodes to be a good one... 

No comments:

Post a Comment